After a Bikini Wax your skin is extra sensitive so therefore it needs extra TLC. Minimize irritation and stay fuzz free for as long as possible by following these top tips.
- Avoid hot baths, showers, saunas, steam rooms, and hot tubs for at least 24 hours after your bikini wax or brazilian wax. The wax and heat will open up your pores and therefore your skin will be far more susceptible to bacterial infections.
- Don’t use shower gels, body lotions or moisturisers on your skin for 24 hours after your wax.
- Avoid working out directly after your bikini or brazilian wax wait at least 48 hours before working up a sweat. After bikini waxing the skin is extra sensitive to sweat and bacteria so working out can irritate freshly waxed skin and cause it to break out.
- Exfoliate and moisturize regularly to avoid ingrown hairs however wait at least 4 days as they skin will be too sensitive directly after waxing. Exfoliating will remove dead skin cells preventing ingrown hairs while moisturising will help keep your skin silky and smooth.
- Don’t wear tight synthetic clothing straight after your bikini wax. Wear loose cotton clothes as this will allow your skin to breath. Tight clothing will rub against and irritate the skin.
- Routine waxing helps the skin gets accustomed to the procedure and may minimize irritation so book your next bikini wax online now with SalonAddict.ie.
Remember the further in advance you book the more you save!!